Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Oh La La Paris!

So let me tell you about how fabulous are the new paper pads by Recollections! So I showcased one of the newer paper pads earlier this month and I am back with another project made from the C'est La Vie paper pad. Now I know I said the Glam pad was nice.. but this one is so fab! I love the cut aparts in this one as well and its not the typical color scheme you seen in a Paris theme paper collection. Some of the papers have a nice gloss to them as well as being embossed so if you have a Michaels near you go get this paper pad! And the awesome part is that is goes on sale all the time so you don't have to pay full price! 

The tutorial I used was the All Occasions Mini Album by Kathy King of Paper Phenomenon. If you haven't stumbled upon Kathy's website you must do so now! Her work is gorgeous and her tutorials are easy to follow with lots of pictures and video. Her style is not over the top and more on showcasing the photos and the pretty paper you use in your projects. Her albums also hold a TON of photos! This album easily holds over 50 photos! You can check Kathy out here. She also showcases her products on her YouTube channel.


The only modification I made from her tutorial was that I added some pockets to my pages and jazzed up the cover my album. 
 I cut out a gold Eiffel Tower and black lamppost with my Silhouette Cameo. The glass knob was actually a magnet that I took the magnet part off and adhere it to the cover. I glued a chipboard frame to the cover and left the top part open to place a tag and added a pretty pink flower.

I added some gold washi tape to the inside covers to add some extra texture and frame the cute bonjour paper. 


 Love the faux envelopes in this album. I also accented them with a french macaron sticker. So each of these pages has a cute sticker on the top portion of the envelope. These pages are also held closed with magnets.
 Another interactive piece of this album is the split pages that can hold 4x6 photos front and back.

  Some pages are full of photo spots as seen in this photo or just at the top to showcase the paper.

 Here is a pocket I created and a tuck spot for a photo mat. You can also glue a photo to the page itself to add more photos.
This is the center pages of the album and they are mirrored version of each other with stacked belly bands.  I love the look! I added some photo mats into the belly bands to hold even more photos. 

I used some of the cuts aparts as accents into the album. I just backed them on black a cardstock. 

This was an extra that I added to the album that was not in the tutorial. I created another tuck spot to hold photo mats and then I created a spot to hold 2 more photos on the other page to had another interactive element. It has a magnetic closure. 


This is how the page looks on the inside of the faux envelope.



I loved how this album turned out! I would like to keep this one, but I can't keep all of the albums that I make so this one is for sale on eBay. You can see the listing here.


No comments:

Post a Comment