Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Mini Album Swap

Hey Ya'll!

It has been a while but I have been really busy with my papercraft and cake businesses as well as working full time, so unfortunately I let blogging get away from me:( But I am back now and am so excited to share with you all some projects that I have been working on!

So recently I participated in a Valentine theme swap in one of the Facebook scrapbookers groups I belong to. You were randomly assigned a partner and you could make anything that was Love/Valentine's related. I decided to make a small mini photo folio. I used Valentine's theme paper pad by Recollections. Which by the way... they have really stepped up their game with their new paper pads. I absolutely love them! And the fact that they are a hot buy at Michaels makes it even better! But I digress... lol.. so yes I used their theme paper and design a small but very cute love theme mini photo folio.

 It measures 5x7 and holds about 20 photos. I used one of the bigger cut aparts to use as the front of the folio. I also used the coordinating flowers for this particular stack to adorn the front cover. I cut out a dark red heart and glued it to the front cover as well to create a tuck spot and put in a smaller cut a part from the collection. To keep everything together, I used a Tim Holtz elastic band which I also love!



 I use magents in this folio so I could more creative with embellishments. So I glue a dark red heart to one side of the page so when closed it looks like its in the center of the page but doesn't stop the pages from opening.


This is what that page looks like open. These pages can hold a  4x6 and some  3x3 photos.  


 This is the other side of the folio. You turn the red/pink damask page and this underneath a split mini flaps and a double pocket page. The split flaps can hold 4 4x4 photos. And the page with the vintage writing script can hold a 4x6 photo.


The double pocket page can 4x6 and 5x7 photos on the photo mats! So this folio may be small but can hold bigger sized photos. There is also another tuck spot I created with another dark red heart and cut out some more of the smaller cut a parts.


And there is still more! So you flip the page that the split mini flaps page and there is a pocket on the page that hold 2 more 4x4 photo mats and then a bigger pocket on the back of the folio. In the bigger pocket can 4x6 photos.




 Here are the photo mats that I made for the double pocket page. Once I just loved this paper! My swap partner got her folio yesterday with a few other goodies I included in the box and she just loved it!

I just started selling my albums and folios about 6 months ago so I am still very nervous when I make one if they will like it or not but it seems that so far people are loving them which makes me so happy. I have a few more to show off that I will be posting this week that were made months ago that I just am now getting to showcase. Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment